Join Matt Hester for an in-depth discussion in this video Windows 10 deployment wipe-and-load options, part of Deploy Windows 10 for Small Businesses.
- You may not want to do the Windows upgrade process,…or for some reason the upgrade process to Windows 10…may not work for you, what are your options here?…Well it kind of comes back into the old ways we used to…install operating systems, a wipe and reload option…might be in store for you, and what can we…actually use and leverage to make that…occur inside of our environments.…Now with Windows 10, because of that free upgrade,…it does pose some unique challenges and just interesting…considerations you have to do before you just proceed down…the wipe and reload path for your operating system.…So first off is a licensing concern.…
So as I mentioned, it's free until July 29, 2016.…And when you think about that what happens is when we do…that initial upgrade, your machine is identified to…Microsoft as a device that can run Windows 10 legally for…the lifetime of that device.…That has to get inside there.…If you want that free upgrade to occur, you can't do a…wipe and reload first, you have to do that upgrade to make…
- Performing a Windows upgrade
- Installing Windows 10 on a new system
- Working with the media creation tool
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
- Understanding Windows 10 imaging