Join James Gonzalez for an in-depth discussion in this video Windows 10 Storage Sense, part of Windows 10: Configure, Secure, and Manage Data.
- Let's now talk about supporting data storage.…There's always been ways to check how much space…your files are consuming in the Windows Operating System,…however while those systems have been able…to provide a general accounting,…they haven't been very granular,…so to get a more detailed picture of…for example how exactly did you fill up…your hard drive so quickly…and what can you delete to get some space back,…you've had to turn to third-party solutions…such as TreeSize Professional,…but now Windows 10 comes with this feature…borrowed from Windows Phone called Storage Sense.…Notice that you can see here how much storage you're using,…how much system and reserve space you're using,…apps and games and so on.…
Now, this came over from smart phones.…They've obviously had a limited amount of storage space…for music and pictures and apps…and updates and other things,…so to manage that precious space,…Microsoft provided Windows Phones…with an app called Storage Sense, the one you see here.…You'd launch the app, tap the phone or SD card bar,…
Using the tools that come with a standard Windows build, James Gonzalez shows how to configure data storage (on client devices and on OneDrive), secure data with good authentication practices, encrypt data with EFS and BitLocker, and manage data access to shared folders, printers, and hard drives. He also shows how to set up file sharing for an organization using HomeGroup networks and NTFS permissions.
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the Microsoft exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices.
- Identify which storage usage category you should select to check how much space your downloads folder is using on your Windows drive.
- Name the type of storage space resiliency you should select to turn two physical drives into one logical drive.
- Describe the steps needed to access the NTFS permissions for a specific folder.
- List the actions required to share a printer with users on the same network.
- State how to use file explorer to open your PC instead of quick access.
- List the steps to add folder permissions for a specific folder.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Configuring Data Storage
2. Securing Data
3. Encrypting Data
4. Managing Data Access
5. Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.