Join James Gonzalez for an in-depth discussion in this video Windows 10 Storage Sense, part of Windows 10: Configure, Secure, and Manage Data.
- Let's now talk about supporting data storage.…There's always been ways to check how much space…your files are consuming in the Windows Operating System,…however while those systems have been able…to provide a general accounting,…they haven't been very granular,…so to get a more detailed picture of…for example how exactly did you fill up…your hard drive so quickly…and what can you delete to get some space back,…you've had to turn to third-party solutions…such as TreeSize Professional,…but now Windows 10 comes with this feature…borrowed from Windows Phone called Storage Sense.…Notice that you can see here how much storage you're using,…how much system and reserve space you're using,…apps and games and so on.…
Now, this came over from smart phones.…They've obviously had a limited amount of storage space…for music and pictures and apps…and updates and other things,…so to manage that precious space,…Microsoft provided Windows Phones…with an app called Storage Sense, the one you see here.…You'd launch the app, tap the phone or SD card bar,…
Using the tools that come with a standard Windows build, James Gonzalez shows how to configure data storage (on client devices and on OneDrive), secure data with good authentication practices, encrypt data with EFS and BitLocker, and manage data access to shared folders, printers, and hard drives. He also shows how to set up file sharing for an organization using HomeGroup networks and NTFS permissions.
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the Microsoft exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices.
- Configuring Storage Sense
- Creating storage spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Setting up NTFS permissions
- Implementing multifactor authentication
- Encrypting data
- Configuring disk quotas
- Configuring folder options
- Auditing files
- Setting up file sharing
Skill Level Beginner
Windows 10 Fundamentals for IT Proswith Jim Boyce3h 3m Intermediate
1. Configuring Data Storage
2. Securing Data
3. Encrypting Data
4. Managing Data Access
5. Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.