This course covers key skills measured on Exam MD-100: Windows 10, a required exam for the Modern Desktop Administrator Associate certification.
- Configuring Windows Update
- Updating Microsoft Store apps
- Reviewing event logs
- Using Resource Monitor and Performance Monitor
- Managing security
- Creating a recovery drive
- Restoring and recovering files
- Recovering the OS with Windows Recovery
- Configuring authorization and authentication
- Securing Windows 10 with passwords
- Joining workgroups and domains
- Automating tasks with PowerShell
Skill Level Intermediate
Welcome to Windows 10: Manage and Maintain. In this course, I'll show you how to keep Windows 10 up to date and running smoothly in a small business or enterprise environment. Hi, my name is Joli Ballew. I'm a Microsoft MVP, a best-selling author, a professor, and a yogi. Managing and maintaining Windows is more than just enabling Windows Update, Windows Defender, and System Restore. There are many other tools at your disposal. Beyond Windows Update, for instance, there are additional servicing options to keep your computers protected and configured with the latest features, including Windows Insider. There are traditional tools like Event Viewer, Resource Monitor, Task Manager, and more that let you monitor your devices and troubleshoot them effectively when problems occur. You can also prepare for disaster by creating a recovery drive and understanding the Windows Recovery environment. There are various ways to network computers and options for user accounts and new ways to keep domain join computers from infecting your internal network by checking their health prior to letting them in. As you can see, there's quite a bit to explore, so let's get started.
Windows 10: Configure and Support Core Serviceswith Joli Ballew2h 52m Intermediate
1. Configure Updates
2. Monitor Windows
3. Manage Local Users, Local Groups, and Devices
4. Configure System and Data Recovery
5. Configure Authorization and Authentication
6. Configure Advanced Management Tools
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.