This course maps to the domain of Exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10, a required exam for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
- Configuring and supporting network settings
- Connecting to a network and configuring network locations
- Using Windows Firewall
- Managing partitions with Disk Management
- Managing storage with PowerShell
- Creating and configuring a VHD
- Creating and configuring homegroups and folder shares
- Configuring desktop apps and startup options
- Creating and deploying provisioning packages
- Using Remote Management tools
- Configuring Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop
Skill Level Intermediate
- Some services, like those associated with networking, can be difficult to understand. Network profiles, network discovery, name resolution and so on can be confusing. Hi, my name is Joli Ballew. I'm a Microsoft MVP, a best selling author, a professor and a yogi. In this course, you'll explore various ways to configure many of the services available to you and included in a Windows 10 default installation. This course also maps to the first part of Microsoft's Windows 10 MCSA exam, 70-698.
So if you're thinking about taking that exam, this is a good place to start preparing for it. You might not have tried some of the available services and technologies in Windows 10, like Direct access or Powershell remoting, and if your job involves deploying Windows 10, you'll certainly want to get familiar with the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit, how to work with custom images and how to create an ad, provisioning packages when necessary. Even if you aren't a network administrator or don't aspire to be one, there are some things in this course that will probably stoke your interest.
I hope you enjoy this course as much as I enjoyed creating it. So let's get started.
1. Configure Networking
2. Configure Storage
3. Configure Data Access and Usage
Troubleshoot data access5m 59s
4. Implement Apps
5. Configure Remote Management
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.