The human optical system analyzes gradients, hues, and shadows to assess the local environment and determine the true shape and material of everyday objects. Use the gradient system in Windows Presentation Foundation to mimic real world items in the appli
- [Instructor] The concept of graphic gradients on computer…user interfaces has been around for a long time.…The idea is that you take two colors,…at least two colors,…and you tell the computer to interpolate the values…from one color to another over an area on the screen.…In this chapter, I'll be looking at…how to use gradients in WPF.…Before I show you the mechanics of how to use gradients,…let's talk about why you use them.…Here's an example in this PNG file.…This is a screenshot of a control from a control vendor,…and as you look at this UI,…you'll see that there's many different gradients.…
Let's look at a few of them.…On this button, there is a radial gradient.…You can see the bands of color radiating out…from the center.…Look at this arc around the screen.…There is a dark band in the center,…then a tiny, light grey band next to that,…and then there's a dark grey band that changes…to even a darker grey as it moves out from the center.…Over in this area of the screen,…there is a lavender colored gradient.…
- Working with brushes
- Painting properties
- Painting in code
- Working with RGB channels
- Using hexadecimal values
- Setting opacity and transparency
- Editing color in the Visual Studio Color Editor
- Using gradient brushes
- Decorating with tiled brushes
- Adding brushes and colors to resources
- Working with opacity masks
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Presentation Foundation: 2 Layoutwith Walt Ritscher2h 13m Intermediate
1. Brush and Color Overview
3. The Visual Studio Color Editor
4. The Gradient Brushes
5. The Tiled Brushes
6. Brushes and Colors in Resources
7. Opacity Mask
Examples of opacity patterns6m 47s
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.