A Windows Presentation Foundation brush can be assigned to a property. Learn what properties are brushable for each element in this tutorial.
- [Instructor] I want to look at the properties…on the various WPF elements that are brushable.…By that I mean ones that you can instantiate…a WPF brush and assign to that property.…I use the term brushable, that's one that I use,…it's not an official WPF term.…To make this happen, I'm using this Brushable solution.…What I want to do is run the application…and have it dock to the left side of the screen.…I've already docked Visual Studio…to the right side of the screen.…To bring up the Brushable executable,…I'll right-click on the project,…but before I do that I'll go up here and click…on Show All Files, then I'll go to Bin, Debug.…
Right-click on the Debug folder, and choose this item,…Open Folder in File Explorer.…Now while File Explorer has focus,…I'll hold down the window key and press the left arrow,…then I'll run this Brushable.exe.…If you don't see any files in this folder,…remember you have to build the project in Visual Studio.…On another note, I've got additional files in here…that you won't see in your folder.…
- Working with brushes
- Painting properties
- Painting in code
- Working with RGB channels
- Using hexadecimal values
- Setting opacity and transparency
- Editing color in the Visual Studio Color Editor
- Using gradient brushes
- Decorating with tiled brushes
- Adding brushes and colors to resources
- Working with opacity masks
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Presentation Foundation: 2 Layoutwith Walt Ritscher2h 13m Intermediate
1. Brush and Color Overview
3. The Visual Studio Color Editor
4. The Gradient Brushes
5. The Tiled Brushes
6. Brushes and Colors in Resources
7. Opacity Mask
Examples of opacity patterns6m 47s
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.