Find out what you should know before watching this course. Andrew expects you to have a basic understanding of Windows-based operating systems, including Windows 10, PC hardware including USBs, plug-and-play, and device drivers, as well as PC software concepts including Applications, the Registry, and user accounts and Network Fundamentals.
- [Instructor] Before you get started, there are a few things you need to know. In this course I will focus on Windows 10 and look at the troubleshooting wizards which are built into the operating system and are provided to help you. I will sprinkle in some networking troubleshooting and tools for you to see behind the scenes and deep dive into app and web compatibility and consider shims, the compatibility wizard, user account control, and Windows analytics. There will be lots of demos for you to see how to complete the configurations that I'll cover.
If you already use any of Microsoft's clients such as Windows 7 or Windows 8, then that will certainly help you. In addition, you should have a good understanding of IT concepts such as networking and basic troubleshooting techniques. Then you should be in good shape. This course can help you fill out your practical knowledge of troubleshooting Windows 10 in an enterprise environment and hone your skills working with users who need assistance when they've run into problems with Windows 10.
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.