Join Michael Lehman for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of IoT Development with Windows 10 IoT Core 1: Installation and Basic Connection.
- [Instructor] For this course, there's a number of simple prerequisites. You need to have basic familiarity with Windows. You need to have either used C# or Visual Basic. We're going to be doing all the code in this course in C#, but if you know Visual Basic you'll be able to do the translation. You need to be comfortable on the command line, and ideally PowerShell as well, but certainly the command line. And finally, have some experience with Visual Studio, because we're not going to teach how to operate Visual Studio. We're going to use all these tools, the command line, Visual Studio, Windows capabilities, and C#, to build a device for the Internet of things.
- Reviewing Windows 10 IoT in action
- Selecting a hardware platform
- Choosing sensors and effectors
- Installing the IoT Core Dashboard and Windows 10 IoT
- Configuring Raspberry Pi hardware
- Installing Sense HAT, an add-on board for Raspberry Pi
- Creating a UX with XAML
- Prototyping a product