Join James Gonzalez for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Windows 10: Configure, Secure, and Manage Data.
- This is an intro level course and I show you everything you need to know to unlock powerful new features in Windows 10 for working faster, smarter and more efficiently. However, before starting this course, there are some things I assume you know or have. I assume you have some familiarity with the basic Windows user interface, such as, usage and terminology, including dialogue boxes, tabs, check and radio buttons, drop-downs and all that. They are not required but it would also be very helpful if you have previous experience with folder and file permissions and a working familiarity with network terminology.
You'll also need at least one machine running Windows 10 and several other machines running Windows version 7 or newer, all on a Wi-Fi or ethernet network. You'll also need to set up three or more users with permission to access the network.
Using the tools that come with a standard Windows build, James Gonzalez shows how to configure data storage (on client devices and on OneDrive), secure data with good authentication practices, encrypt data with EFS and BitLocker, and manage data access to shared folders, printers, and hard drives. He also shows how to set up file sharing for an organization using HomeGroup networks and NTFS permissions.
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the Microsoft exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices.
- Identify which storage usage category you should select to check how much space your downloads folder is using on your Windows drive.
- Name the type of storage space resiliency you should select to turn two physical drives into one logical drive.
- Describe the steps needed to access the NTFS permissions for a specific folder.
- List the actions required to share a printer with users on the same network.
- State how to use file explorer to open your PC instead of quick access.
- List the steps to add folder permissions for a specific folder.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Configuring Data Storage
2. Securing Data
3. Encrypting Data
4. Managing Data Access
5. Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.