Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Windows 10: Tips and Tricks.
- You know, this course is really for anyone using or wanting to use Windows 10, but to get the most out of this course, you should already be somewhat familiar with Windows 10. The Windows 10 Essential Training course by Nick Brazzi here at lynda.com will give you everything you need to get up to speed. There's also a Windows 10 New Features course by Garrick Chow if you feel like you're an experienced Windows user but just needs to know what's new in Windows 10. Of course, to follow along with me, you'll also need to update your installation of Windows to version 10.
It's a free upgrade for users of Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 and Nick Brazzi covers a couple of options for upgrading in his Windows 10 Essential Training course. Now although Microsoft Windows is evolving towards the future of touch and tablet computing, I'll be guiding you from a desktop computer with my mouse and keyboard. Windows 10 comes with a number of fixes to please big screen mouse and keyboard users and it's still the most popular way to get things done using Windows.
So, now that you know what you need to know to follow along with me in this course, let's get started with Windows 10 Tips and Tricks.
- Describe how to customize your startup environment.
- Explain how to run multiple virtual desktops.
- Recall how to print and save files to PDF.
- Cite the method for cutting and pasting in command prompt.
- Explain what God Mode is.
- Describe how to choose a target folder for File Explorer.
- Summarize how to use the new calculator feature.
- Recall how to edit photos in the Photos app.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Top 10
2. Keyboard Shortcuts
3. Efficiency Tips
4. Display Tips
5. Performance Tips
6. Useful Apps, Tools, and Utilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.