Upgrading from Windows XP to Windows 10 works differently than upgrading from more recent versions of Windows. In this movie, you will know about the cost to upgrade, what methods are available for upgrade, and the costs associated with different versions of Windows 10.
- [Voiceover] Well here's what you need to know…if you're planning to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 10.…How about we get the bad news out of the way first,…well Windows XP is unfortunately not eligible…for the free update to Windows 10,like Windows 7 and 8 is.…This means you will have to pay for a licence to have…a legitimate copy of Windows 10 running on your computer.…The other piece of bad news is you'll have to perform…a clean installation of Windows 10 on your computer.…This of course means there is no way to upgrade…to Windows 10 and at the same time keep all your files,…settings and programs in place.…
You'll have to reinstall your programs, backup and restore…your files, and adjust your settings after the installation.…But not to worry, we'll cover all…of these tasks in this course.…Now Windows 10 Home Edition can be purchased on USB or…downloaded from the microsoftstore.com site for 119.99 US.…When you buy a new Windows PC or laptop…this is the version you'll usually find installed.…If you're planning to use Windows 10…
Note: Windows 10 is not a free upgrade for XP users. You will need to purchase Windows 10 before proceeding with the migration.
- Getting a Microsoft account
- Backing up files on Windows XP
- Upgrading to Windows 10
- Customizing Windows 10 settings
- Restoring files and folders