Join James Gonzalez for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Windows 10: Configure, Secure, and Manage Data.
- This is an intro level course and I show you everything you need to know to unlock powerful new features in Windows 10 for working faster, smarter and more efficiently. However, before starting this course, there are some things I assume you know or have. I assume you have some familiarity with the basic Windows user interface, such as, usage and terminology, including dialogue boxes, tabs, check and radio buttons, drop-downs and all that. They are not required but it would also be very helpful if you have previous experience with folder and file permissions and a working familiarity with network terminology.
You'll also need at least one machine running Windows 10 and several other machines running Windows version 7 or newer, all on a Wi-Fi or ethernet network. You'll also need to set up three or more users with permission to access the network.
Using the tools that come with a standard Windows build, James Gonzalez shows how to configure data storage (on client devices and on OneDrive), secure data with good authentication practices, encrypt data with EFS and BitLocker, and manage data access to shared folders, printers, and hard drives. He also shows how to set up file sharing for an organization using HomeGroup networks and NTFS permissions.
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the Microsoft exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices.
- Configuring Storage Sense
- Creating storage spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Setting up NTFS permissions
- Implementing multifactor authentication
- Encrypting data
- Configuring disk quotas
- Configuring folder options
- Auditing files
- Setting up file sharing
Skill Level Beginner
1. Configuring Data Storage
2. Securing Data
3. Encrypting Data
4. Managing Data Access
5. Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.