Learn the essentials of Windows 10 operating system, including the new features in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
- [Nick] Welcome to Windows 10, I'm Nick Brazzi. This course is dedicated to getting you comfortable with the core features of the Microsoft Windows operating system. Specifically the version of Windows 10 with the Fall Creators Update, published in October 2017. I'll start by getting you familiar with some key concepts to help you understand what an operating system is, and its role as the primary foundation and interface on your computer. We'll spend some time getting used to the core interface and system elements, like organizing files on the hard drive using File Explorer, as well as launching and managing applications with the start menu and taskbar.
I'll introduce several of the applications that come built in to Windows, including the Edge web browser and the mail, calendar and address book. We'll explore the process of installing new applications, and we'll look at several important configuration options, including how to establish a backup system, and managing multiple user accounts. So if you're a brand-new Windows user or if you are upgrading from a previous version, I think you will find what you need to get familiar and get running with Windows 10.
Let's get started.
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding essential folder structure, including the user folder; using shortcuts to files and folders; and creating 3D objects in Paint 3D.
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.