Learn the skills you need to confidently plan deployments in Windows 10. This course helps you prepare for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697.
- [Instructor] Hi, I'm Brien Posey, Microsoft MVP and Commercial Scientist Astronaut Candidate. In this course, I'm going to be talking about some key features in Windows 10. We're going to start out by talking about Perl files. I'll be talking about what Perl files are and also about roaming profiles and mandatory profiles. From there, we'll talk about some basic profile maintenance tasks. Next, I'm going to be diving into the subject of migrations. We'll be performing a migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the user state migration tool. From there, I'll be delving into Hyper-V, and we'll be creating and managing a variety of virtual machines using Windows 10 Hyper-V.
Later on in this course, I'll be talking about some other fun topics, such as power management, Windows To Go, and BitLocker. So it should be a lot of fun. Let's get started!
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to plan deployments in Windows 10—and prepare for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697. Brien Posey shows how to perform a migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, enable and configure Hyper-V, configure mobility options, and work with power plans. Plus, he explains how to encrypt a drive using BitLocker.
Review the learning objectives for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Migrating and configuring user data
- Collecting files and settings from a source computer
- Restoring files to a destination computer
- Configuring Hyper-V
- Creating and managing a virtual switch
- Modifying a virtual machine
- Configuring mobility options
- Working with the Windows Mobility Center
- Configuring security for mobile devices
- Encrypting a drive
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
1. Migrate and Configure User Data
2. Configuring Hyper-V
3. Configure Mobility Options
4. Configure Security for Mobile Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.