Discover how to work with assemblies. Learn how these crucial components of .NET Framework applications work, and how the common language runtime (CLR) interacts with assemblies.
- [Ted] Hi, my name is Ted Neward. Welcome to the wonderful world of .NET assemblies. Little bit about me, I'm a .NET speaker and author. I've spoken at a number of conferences all over the world including the VSLive and Dev Connections. I've written a couple of books, specifically I was part of C# in a Nutshell and SS CLI Essentials which talks about the open-source rotor implementation for Microsoft. In this particular course, we're going to talk about .NET assemblies. We're going to talk about what they are, what they do for us, and how the CLR interacts with them.
We'll talk a little bit about how the scope, various elements inside of the Common Language Runtime. We'll talk about how they interact with them within managed code. Additionally, we'll also talk just briefly about how the CLR can provide certain security guarantees such as resisting any attempts to tamper with an assembly and I'll show you how that would work. All of these coming up, stay tuned.
- Reviewing the concept of assemblies
- Reviewing library assemblies in ildasm
- Working with assemblies and modules
- Working with assembly scope types
- Reviewing assembly names and versions
- Referencing assemblies from managed code