This course covers using common language runtime for loading assemblies, applying policies, consulting the global assemble cache (GAC), examining codebase hints, conducting file probing, and handling assembly resolution.
- [Ted] Hi there, my name is Ted Neward, and I'm going to be your guide during this journey where we're going to examine the .NET assembly resolution process, the process that the runtime goes through, while it attempts to figure out which assembly it is that your code is actually trying to load. I've been down this path before. I've written a couple of books around .NET and I do a continuing series in MSDN Magazine, so hopefully I will serve as a useful Dante to your Virgil, as we walk through the various layers of the .NET assembly resolution process.
- Loading assemblies
- Resolving assemblies
- Setting a public key status
- Adding strong naming
- Working with policies
- Configuring machines
- Consulting the GAC
- Examining file and HTTP codebase hints
- Probing files and file systems
- Reviewing successful and failed resolutions