Develop a UWP app that leverages the power of the cloud. Learn how to establish your application's architecture, configure backend services, build your app, and publish it.
- [Daniel] Hi, I'm Daniel Jacobson, a program manager on Microsoft Visual Studio building tools for Windows developers. In this course, we are going to build a simple, collaborative project tracking app together that leverages the new Universal Windows Platform and modern cloud services. Along the way, we will review what's important to know as a Universal Windows Platform, or UWP, developer. I'll also show you some of my favorite tools to really accelerate your app development. By the end of this course, you should be able to recognize what's new with UWP, and apply that to build your own UWP apps.
Let's get started.
- Working with .NET for UWP app development
- Establishing application architecture
- Configuring Azure services
- Configuring the mobile app service backend
- Testing and publishing the service backend
- Using Facebook authentication
- Using XAML
- Client server abstraction API
- Using the UWP community toolkit
- Styling app views
- Creating adaptive views
- Testing an app for multiple user accounts
- Publishing to the Windows Store
- Sideloading app packages
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Before We Get Started
2. Build the Backend
3. Build the UWP App
4. Polish and Publish the App
Sideloading App packages2m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.