Learn how to polish your Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app to enhance your users' experience. Discover how to configure controller interaction and work with focus, Xbox UI scaling, and sounds.
- [Instructor] Welcome to this installment of my Universal Windows Apps for Xbox One course. This course looks at how to enhance an existing Xbox app prototype polishing the app to make it a better experience for the user. The first step is to improve the controller interaction with the app. You'll discover how to enable the XY Focus Navigation mode. It's also important to handle the focus rectangle so that the user knows where they are in the application as they navigate the app screens.
Remember, people are using your app on a TV while sitting in the recliner on the opposite side of the room. We'll see how to make the interface bigger and readable from a large distance. Another important consideration, especially for developers accustomed to working on a computer monitor is that the TV has limitations. There's a quick look at TV safe area and how the Universal Windows app framework ensures your app content is always visible even on TV's that over scan the video stream.
Finally, we'll look at audio sound support showing how to add standard sound indicators to the app. Fire up your Xbox, it's time to get started.
- Configuring the deploy and debug settings
- Understanding the controllers
- Using the KeyUp event with controller buttons
- Understanding XY focus navigation
- Choosing a good initial focus
- Understanding Xbox UI scaling
- Working with sounds