Review the basics of Windows 10 storage configuration, troubleshooting, and encryption—essential skills for all network administrators.
- Have you ever needed to protect sensitive data by disabling the system's USB drive? Need to free up some space or speed up a computer with limited hard drive space? Want to learn some lessons and simple techniques for bringing a bad drive back to life? Well in this course, I'll cover these skills and a lot more. Hello, my name is James Gonzalez, and I want to welcome you to my course. I've been using and teaching about the Windows Operating System for several decades, all the way back to Windows 3.0. I'll be taking you through the process of configuring, trouble shooting, Windows storage spaces, removable USB storage, memory caches and drive failures.
You'll learn how to protect data using BitLocker, and BitLocker To Go encryption, and how to set up file sharing permissions across your networks. I'm glad you've decided to join me as I present a complete review of the tools, techniques for administrating, maintaining, and troubleshooting Windows 10 storage. Let's go ahead and get started.
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the Microsoft exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices.
- Enabling disk write caching
- Creating spanned and striped volumes
- Configuring Storage Spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Enabling USB drives
- Clearing caches
- Fixing drives
- Troubleshooting OneDrive
- Encrypting files with EFS
- Encrypting volumes and drives with BitLocker
- Configuring share permissions
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Storage
2. Troubleshoot Storage Issues
3. Configure Encryption
4. Configure Share Permissions
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.