Learn to organize and store files and folders for maximum efficiency in Windows 10, for yourself or your team.
- [Dan] Whether it's just you, or a whole team working together, at some point you're gonna wonder where the files are. The problem is file organization. Windows offers plenty of tools, but few rules or even suggestions about which files go where. This course offers you a solution. My name is Dan Gookin, and I have been teaching others about computers for 25 years, having written some of the best-selling computer books in the industry. In this course, I want to use my knowledge and experience to show you how files are born, how to best save them, and how to find them when you need them.
Using sample exercise files, I'll show you how files can be organized in a logical and practical manner. You learn by doing, and you'll find plenty of examples to follow and suggestions to keep projects big and small arranged in order in a manner that works best for you. It's actually quite easy and fun. All you need is to review some basic concepts, witness some good examples and follow helpful words of encouragement, and soon you'll find yourself managing projects and working with files and folders in a truly effective and productive manner.
Now let's get started organizing files and folders in Windows 10.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recall which tab to select to see additional details about files and folders.
- Determine the hierarchy of folders.
- Explain how to create a shortcut on your desktop.
- Summarize the steps taken to add files from a folder to the Documents library.
- Recognize the benefits of file compression.
- List three common storage device formats.