Extend the life of your PCs by learning how to perform basic management and maintenance of Windows 10. Learn how to monitor events and performance, back up and recover Windows 10, and configure authorization and authentication.
- Welcome to Windows 10: Manage and Maintain. In this course, I'll show you how to keep Windows 10 up to date and running smoothly, in a small business or enterprise environment. Hi, my name is Joli Ballew. I'm a Microsoft MVP, a best selling author, a professor, and a yogi. Managing and maintaining Windows is more than just enabling Windows Update, Windows Defender, and System Restore. There are many other tools at your disposal. Beyond Windows Update, for instance, there are additional servicing options to keep your computers protected, and configured, with the latest features, including, Windows Insider.
There are traditional tools, like Event Viewer, Resource Monitor, Task Manager, and more, that let you monitor your devices, and troubleshoot them effectively when problems occur. You can also prepare for disaster by creating a recovery drive and understanding the Windows recovery environment. There are various ways to network computers, and options for user accounts, and new ways to keep domain joint computers from infecting your internal network by checking their health prior to letting them in.
This course also maps to the first part of Windows 10 MCSA Exam 70698. So if you're thinking about taking that exam, this is a good place to start. As you can see, there's quite a bit to explore. So let's get started.
Note: The course also maps to the third part of MCSA exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10. Taking this course will prepare you for objectives in the Manage and Maintain Windows domain of the test.
- Configuring Windows Update
- Updating Windows apps
- Reviewing event logs
- Using Resource Monitor and Performance Monitor
- Managing security with Windows Defender
- Creating a recovery drive
- Restoring and recovering files
- Recovering the OS with Windows Recovery
- Configuring authorization and authentication
- Securing Windows 10 with passwords
- Joining workgroups and domains
- Creating and using accounts
- Automating tasks with PowerShell