Learn how to manage and secure Windows 10 data. Find out how to configure data storage, secure and encrypt data, and manage access to data on your network.
- [Voiceover] My name is James Gonzalez. I'd like to welcome you to this course, Windows 10 Configure, Secure, and Manage Data. Have you ever wanted to quickly set up a home or office network so you could easily share documents, printers, and hard drive storage with coworkers? Do you need to protect sensitive information from accidental loss or exposure? Or do you need to track or perhaps even limit how much drive space is being used by other people using your computer or using shared network drives? If so, I'll be your Windows 10 guide to give you the skills and confidence to do all this plus much more, including how to protect data using EFS, BitLocker Encryption and Multi-factor Authentication, how to share data using Homegroup networks and NTFS folder permissions and much, much more.
I'm really glad you decided to join me as I provide you an introduction to configuring, managing and securing data in Windows 10. Let's go ahead and get started.
Using the tools that come with a standard Windows build, James Gonzalez shows how to configure data storage (on client devices and on OneDrive), secure data with good authentication practices, encrypt data with EFS and BitLocker, and manage data access to shared folders, printers, and hard drives. He also shows how to set up file sharing for an organization using HomeGroup networks and NTFS permissions.
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the Microsoft exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices.
- Configuring Storage Sense
- Creating storage spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Setting up NTFS permissions
- Implementing multifactor authentication
- Encrypting data
- Configuring disk quotas
- Configuring folder options
- Auditing files
- Setting up file sharing
Skill Level Beginner
1. Configuring Data Storage
2. Securing Data
3. Encrypting Data
4. Managing Data Access
5. Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.