The project is complete. This project tours the finished UI on the Xbox.
- [Instructor] I'd like to explore the UI that we just built…for the video page.…So we're on the catalog page and I can see my items here…in the grid view.…I should be able to click on one of these…and it should take me to the video page.…That's working successfully.…I'll go back to the homepage and then click…on this pottery item and it takes me over to the video.…So it's correctly passing the video information…into the video page.…On the video page itself, you can see our UI.…There's the media element in the background,…there's the large overlay button in the center…which is transparent, I can see through it.…
There's this big icon for the play…and there's also these transfer controls across the bottom.…So there's a play button down here…and there's the play button in the center.…So I should be able to activate this movie…to watch the movie by clicking here anywhere in this button.…I want you to keep an eye on the transport controls…and see what happens when I press the Play button…with the A button on the controller.…
- Setting up the development environment
- Installing Visual Studio
- Creating a Dev Center account
- Installing and activating Developer Mode on Xbox One
- Pairing Visual Studio with the Xbox
- Mirroring Xbox One content to a PC
- Exploring a UWP app on a PC, mobile device, and Xbox One
- Creating a basic UWP app
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Set Up the Development Environment
2. Why Build an App for Xbox?
3. Create a Basic UWP App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.