Run the System Information report and review the contents.
- [Instructor] If you believe a system…is running low on resources, we've seen…that you can find out exactly how much RAM…has been consumed by using the Task Manager…in the earlier video.…This tool will also show you real-time metrics…and graphs for CPU usage, network and disk activity.…In the About section of the Settings system app,…you can also see limited information…relating to your device, including…the memory and processor type.…If you need more detailed information…about your system, you should use…the System Information app.…
Let's drop onto our demo PC and take…a look at the information report…that we can retrieve about our computer.…The first is the About screen,…which is part of the Settings app.…I'll click the Start button, and then Settings,…and then click the System category.…In the About section, we can see device specifications,…including the processor type, the installed RAM,…and the architecture for the machine.…
If we want to extract more information,…we can view the System Information Report…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.