Edge keeps a history—a list of all of the web pages you visit. This can be a great convenience for finding pages you've viewed in the past. But, it can also be a privacy concern. See how to view history, load pages from history, and clear the history for privacy.
- [Instructor] Like most web browsers,…Edge keeps a log of the websites that you visited.…This log is known as history.…And it can be really helpful…if you're trying to remember a page…that you saw several days ago.…But it can also be a bit of a privacy concern.…So let's explore our options for history.…So, I'm going to open up the hub…which I can find up here in the toolbar.…There are several categories here,…but if I go to this button that looks like a clock,…that is history.…So this is a list of pages that I visited recently.…
So I can quickly go back…to any page that I want on this list.…All I need to do is click on it here,…and it loads that page.…This is particularly useful if I want to go back…to something I was looking at recently…but I can't remember which page I was on or how I got there.…Now keep in mind that I just set up this computer…to record this training course,…so I don't have a huge amount of history here.…As time goes on, there will be more folders listed below…for previous days, weeks, and months.…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding essential folder structure, including the user folder; using shortcuts to files and folders; and creating 3D objects in Paint 3D.
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.