Learn how to take ownership and get full access to files and folders.
- [Instructor] In this movie,…I demonstrate how to view and change ownership permissions.…Now in the language of Windows share permissions,…an owner is the user who created the file or the folder.…Windows automatically assigns full control permissions…to all creators and owners.…Sometimes, however, you'll need to change the ownership…of a file or a folder.…For example, to get full access to some file or folder…which was created by a user account that no longer exists.…Windows will prevent you from doing this operation…unless you have full control permissions…or a user account that is a member…of the administrator's group.…
So in this tutorial,…I demonstrate how to take ownership…and get full access to files and folders in Windows 10.…Open the file explorer and locate the file or folder…that you want to change owners of.…And then right-click on that file or folder.…Choose properties.…Go to the security tab.…And then click on the advanced button here…at the bottom of the permissions properties dialog.…And then notice up here…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the Microsoft exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices.
- Enabling disk write caching
- Creating spanned and striped volumes
- Configuring Storage Spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Enabling USB drives
- Clearing caches
- Fixing drives
- Troubleshooting OneDrive
- Encrypting files with EFS
- Encrypting volumes and drives with BitLocker
- Configuring share permissions
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Storage
2. Troubleshoot Storage Issues
3. Configure Encryption
4. Configure Share Permissions
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.