Learn how to check effective access rights for a group or a user.
- [Instructor] In this movie I demonstrate…how to check effective access rights for any group…or any user on any specified file or folder.…Once you start adding and removing permissions…to more than a few different users on your network,…it can become very confusing to figure out which group…of users have which permissions for which files and folders.…Luckily Windows has an Effective Access tab…in the Advanced Security Settings window…that makes it quick and easy to view all the effective…permissions for a user for any specified folder.…
This is a handy tool for verifying that a user…or a user group has all the permissions needed…to access and work with a folder, file, or device.…So it's probably mostly intended for complex environments…with many groups and users, but I've also found it…very useful in small business or home office settings…to figure out exactly who has permissions to do what.…So to access this tool, right click…on the folder that you want to determine permissions for,…click on Properties, Security tab,…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the Microsoft exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices.
- Enabling disk write caching
- Creating spanned and striped volumes
- Configuring Storage Spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Enabling USB drives
- Clearing caches
- Fixing drives
- Troubleshooting OneDrive
- Encrypting files with EFS
- Encrypting volumes and drives with BitLocker
- Configuring share permissions
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Storage
2. Troubleshoot Storage Issues
3. Configure Encryption
4. Configure Share Permissions
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.