Review VPN authentication methods, including security benefits, PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAPv2, and EAP.
- [Instructor] When a VPN tunnel…between two networks is created,…each side of the connection will need…to authenticate the other side.…The process of authentication ensures…that a recipient server knows…which clients are trying to gain access,…and that the clients are verified.…This authentication of the participants is done…using key pairs, certificates, usernames or passwords,…or a combination of these.…Let's look at the authentication process in more detail.…The authentication process consists of several steps.…
The process that uses certificates…to validate authentication follows this process.…The client initiates the connection to the receiving server.…The server presents a certificate to the client.…The client verifies that the certificate is valid.…If the client has a key pair,…then it will encrypt this with its own certificate…and send it to the server.…The server is then able to verify the client's certificate.…The client sends user credentials to the server.…The server authenticates the user credentials…
- Troubleshooting startup issues
- Using Windows 10 Safe Mode
- Creating a new BitLocker password
- Resolving a slow-running computer
- Managing device driver issues
- Fixing an incompatible application using a shim
- Troubleshooting computers remotely
- Troubleshooting network and remote connectivity
- Troubleshooting a VPN connection
- Migrating to a mobile device management solution
- Resolving sign-in issues
Skill Level Advanced
Windows 10 for IT Pros Essential Trainingwith Brien Posey2h 53m Intermediate
Windows 10: Provision and Manage Mobile Deviceswith Brien Posey1h 39m Intermediate
1. Troubleshooting Startup Issues
2. Troubleshooting BitLocker
3. Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Software
4. Troubleshooting Computers Remotely
5. Troubleshooting Network and Remote Connectivity
6. Troubleshooting VPN Connections
7. Troubleshooting Group Policy and MDM Issues
8. Troubleshooting User Sign-On Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.