Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Using new calculator features, part of Windows 10: Tips and Tricks.
- [Voiceover] Just as the Windows 10 user interface…has been redesigned here in Windows 10, most of the apps…that run in Windows 10 have also been redesigned,…including one that's very popular…and has a lot of hidden functionality.…It's the calculator.…We're going to run that now by clicking in the search field…at the bottom of your screen, start to type in "calculator,"…you'll see Calculator at the top for best match.…Give it a click.…It's going to open up, by default, the standard calculator.…If you've used this in other modes,…you might be seeing that now.…
But notice that the shape of the calculator looks…a little bit different, it's flatter now than it used to be,…but we do have all of the features and functions…of the standard calculator showing up here.…We can actually go to the border…of the calculator and reshape it.…If you want a square calculator you can go like that,…or go up to the top if you want to and click…the hamburger icon here to open up the different options,…including, maybe a scientific calculator…
- Customizing the startup environment
- Running multiple virtual desktops
- Saving files to PDF
- Locking your screen
- Enabling "God mode"
- Configuring automatic app updates
- Enabling Tablet mode on a PC
- Fine-tuning power settings
- Working with time-saving apps, tools, and utilities
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Top 10
2. Keyboard Shortcuts
3. Efficiency Tips
4. Display Tips
5. Performance Tips
6. Useful Apps, Tools, and Utilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.