- [Voiceover] Often in an application,…you're gonna want to share data across maybe all your views,…and so there's a bunch of ways that you can do it,…and one of the easy ways to do it in WinJS…is by using the WinJS dot namespace.…When you define a namespace, you're putting it there…and you can reference it from anywhere…just using that name that you've given it.…Namespaces can help you store global type objects…and you can have access to them across your application.…
We are gonna take this items array…that we created in the list js,…and we're gonna move it to the default js…and use a namespace so that it's available across the board.…That way, it's created the moment the app starts,…not just when the list view is…created and viewed for the first time,…and so if the other views need it…at any point in time, they have it.…The first thing we're going to do…is we're going to go into the default js.…At the very top what I wanna do…is I'm going to define a namespace.…
We've done this already.…I'm gonna go WinJS dot namespace dot define.…
Watch to gain an understanding of the Universal Windows Platform and the application life cycle. Learn to create adaptive layouts with WinJS controls. Discover how to store and share data, capture a variety of input, and explore the unified Microsoft-specific APIs: Windows Core and Geolocation. Stacey Mulcahy, a Windows evangelist, provides developers with everything they need to start building Universal Windows apps and break into cross-device development.
- Setting up your development environment
- Coding in WinJS
- Creating page objects
- Animating page transitions
- Implementing responsive design principles and UI patterns
- Working with layout controls
- Using APIs: Windows Core and Geolocation
- Saving and reading data
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with Universal Windows Applications
3. Layouts and Controls
4. Utilizing APIs
5. Managing Data and Storage
Next steps1m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.