Join Dennis Vroegop for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of App Development for Microsoft HoloLens.
- [Instructor] If you have access to the exercise files, then you can follow along at home as I and Dennis work through the projects. The exercise files includes folders for each chapter and inside each chapter folder you'll find folders containing projects for each of the videos also. One thing to note, we've only included the Unity projects, so you'll need to compile this to Visual Studio yourself. But if you're following along, Dennis and I are going to help you through all of that and show you how to do it.
Join instructors Dennis Vroegop and James Ashley for this introduction for HoloLens app development. They show you how to set up your development environment, including Unity and the HoloToolkit; how to deploy to HoloLens and the HoloLens emulator; and how to build apps that accept user input via gazes, tapping, and speech. Then discover how to use spatial mapping to detect your surroundings and analyze your environment with spatial understanding. Learn how to implement spatial sound that adds to the user's existing environment, and synchronize data to create shared experiences. Along the way, learn how it all comes together in two simple 3D apps: a visualization for enterprise business and a platform game.
- Installing Unity, Visual Studio, and the HoloToolkit
- Building an app in Unity
- Deploying to HoloLens or the HoloLens emulator
- Gaze and tapping
- Spatial mapping and spatial understanding
- Spatial sound
- Shared holograms
- Creating 3D enterprise apps
- Creating 3D games
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Set Up Your Development Environment
Download the HoloToolkit2m 32s
2. Basic Configuration and Deployment
3. Basic Interaction
4. Use HoloToolKit
5. Spatial Sound
6. Shared Experiences
7. Games and Enterprise Applications on the HoloLens
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.