Join Daniel Jacobson for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Building Cloud Connected Universal Windows Apps.
- [Instructor] This course comes with a set of exercise files that should help you along the way. I encourage you to download them and save them somewhere easily accessible. Let's take a look at how they're structured. If I open the exercise files folder, I see a lot of different folders corresponding to different videos in this course. Each folder name has the chapter and the video name. For example, folder 03_13 corresponds to chapter 3 video 13. For example, folder 03_13 corresponds to chapter 3 video 13. I recommend you use these by copying and pasting the contents of the files in the files that you created in visual studio.
For example, in folder 03_11 I have a views folder with a projectdetailsview.xaml page. If I open up visual studio, I've already created this file as well. I can open it and see that all I have is this blank grid. It is a blank page. In the exercise files, I can right-click on the XAML page and select open with notepad. I can hit control + A, control + C to copy it. I can then do the same in the visual studio page, control + A, control + V to paste that code.
You can also just look at the exercise files to see if you did anything differently if you're struggling. It's up to you how you'd like to use them.
- Working with .NET for UWP app development
- Establishing application architecture
- Configuring Azure services
- Configuring the mobile app service backend
- Testing and publishing the service backend
- Using Facebook authentication
- Using XAML
- Client server abstraction API
- Using the UWP community toolkit
- Styling app views
- Creating adaptive views
- Testing an app for multiple user accounts
- Publishing to the Windows Store
- Sideloading app packages