Join Stacey Mulcahy for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Learning to Develop Universal Windows Apps.
- [Voiceover] If you're watching this course, you have access to the exercise files I'll be using. They're organized in folders by chapter. These folders contain Visual Studio projects that reflect the state of the app as we go along. You can use these to follow along with me, or you can work on your own app as we go.
Watch to gain an understanding of the Universal Windows Platform and the application life cycle. Learn to create adaptive layouts with WinJS controls. Discover how to store and share data, capture a variety of input, and explore the unified Microsoft-specific APIs: Windows Core and Geolocation. Stacey Mulcahy, a Windows evangelist, provides developers with everything they need to start building Universal Windows apps and break into cross-device development.
- Setting up your development environment
- Coding in WinJS
- Creating page objects
- Animating page transitions
- Implementing responsive design principles and UI patterns
- Working with layout controls
- Using APIs: Windows Core and Geolocation
- Saving and reading data
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with Universal Windows Applications
3. Layouts and Controls
4. Utilizing APIs
5. Managing Data and Storage
Next steps1m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.