Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Windows 8 Release Preview First Look.
If you're Premium subscriber at lynda.com you'll have access to the exercise files and the exercise files allow you to follow along with me step-by-step as we move through the various movies in this course. Now if you do plan on installing the Release Preview of Windows 8 and using the exercise files to follow along with me, I highly recommend placing them in a convenient location such as the desktop, and we do have a desktop here in Windows 8. Double-clicking this folder reveals a number of different types of files that we will be working with as we move through the various lessons and movies in this course.
Now you don't have access to the exercise files, not to worry. You can try following along with your own files or of course you can still learn lots by sitting back relaxing and watching.
- Exploring the Start screen
- Differentiating between Windows 8 editions
- Personalizing the look and feel of Windows 8
- Working with maps and photos
- Exploring utility apps such as BitLocker, EFS, and Domain Join
- Using File History
- Exploring web navigation with Internet Explorer 10