Advanced controls can be time-consuming to create from scratch. We will be exploring some of the more advanced controls from the WinJS library, including the date picker, which is optimized for different types of input. We will learn how to capture events from the control when a user has interacted with it.
- [Voiceover] We are gonna use a more advanced…WinJS control, the date picker.…Now, the date picker allows you to set a date…and allows the user to interact with it…to change the date.…And you can capture if an interaction…has occurred through a couple of events.…And so we're gonna implement a date picker…and see when it has changed, if someone has…changed the value on it.…We're going to do this in the add.html file.…So let's go to the add.html file and double-click it.…
Underneath it we're going to add that date picker.…And so we're gonna say div id,…let's give it an ID of datepicker.…
Watch to gain an understanding of the Universal Windows Platform and the application life cycle. Learn to create adaptive layouts with WinJS controls. Discover how to store and share data, capture a variety of input, and explore the unified Microsoft-specific APIs: Windows Core and Geolocation. Stacey Mulcahy, a Windows evangelist, provides developers with everything they need to start building Universal Windows apps and break into cross-device development.
- Setting up your development environment
- Coding in WinJS
- Creating page objects
- Animating page transitions
- Implementing responsive design principles and UI patterns
- Working with layout controls
- Using APIs: Windows Core and Geolocation
- Saving and reading data
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with Universal Windows Applications
3. Layouts and Controls
4. Utilizing APIs
5. Managing Data and Storage
Next steps1m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.