Join James Gonzalez for an in-depth discussion in this video Using and configuring OneDrive, part of Windows 10: Configure, Secure, and Manage Data.
- In this lesson, I review how to use OneDrive in Windows 10…OneDrive, which was originally called FolderShare,…then Live Mesh, then Sync, then Skydrive,…and then finally OneDrive,…is Microsoft's 15 gigabyte hardrive in the Cloud.…It's comparable to services such as Dropbox or Box.com…OneDrive comes in two versions,…a free consumer service that also offers…additional storage for a price,…and OneDrive for Business, which is a feature…of Office365 Business and Enterprise accounts.…Anyone who's ever created a Microsoft account…can get a free OneDrive account,…this includes anyone who's ever signed up for Hotmail…or Windows Live or Outlook.com…All users get 15 gigabytes of free storage space,…and if you're a longtime OneDrive account holder,…that is, since April 21rst 2012 or earlier,…you're going to get an extra 25 gigabytes free.…
OneDrive has become a very important part…of Microsoft's platform, and it's now baked…right in to the operating system,…there's no app to open or download to install…or anything else to do, it's just there from the start.…
Using the tools that come with a standard Windows build, James Gonzalez shows how to configure data storage (on client devices and on OneDrive), secure data with good authentication practices, encrypt data with EFS and BitLocker, and manage data access to shared folders, printers, and hard drives. He also shows how to set up file sharing for an organization using HomeGroup networks and NTFS permissions.
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the Microsoft exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices.
- Configuring Storage Sense
- Creating storage spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Setting up NTFS permissions
- Implementing multifactor authentication
- Encrypting data
- Configuring disk quotas
- Configuring folder options
- Auditing files
- Setting up file sharing
Skill Level Beginner
1. Configuring Data Storage
2. Securing Data
3. Encrypting Data
4. Managing Data Access
5. Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.