Learn how to use Safe Mode, including accessing and functionality.
- [Instructor] Safe Mode is a special method…of booting to Windows 10, which you will use…when troubleshooting issues with the operating system.…In Safe Mode, you can perform functions…such as scan for malware, uninstall components,…update hardware drivers, perform a system restore…and troubleshoot why a PC has become a non-booting PC.…There are several types of Safe Mode available…which offer different types of functionality.…These include: enable Safe Mode.…
This allows the PC to boot with minimal settings…and configuration in order to provide a stable platform…for you to troubleshoot issues.…It uses a minimal set of drivers, services and applications…and allows you to interact using the GUI.…Enable Safe Mode with networking boots with the minimal set…of drivers, services and applications…and also enables networking and internet connectivity.…Enable Safe Mode with command prompt will restart windows…with a minimal set of drivers, services and applications…but will present you with a…command prompt window rather than the GUI.…
- Troubleshooting startup issues
- Using Windows 10 Safe Mode
- Creating a new BitLocker password
- Resolving a slow-running computer
- Managing device driver issues
- Fixing an incompatible application using a shim
- Troubleshooting computers remotely
- Troubleshooting network and remote connectivity
- Troubleshooting a VPN connection
- Migrating to a mobile device management solution
- Resolving sign-in issues
Skill Level Advanced
Windows 10 for IT Pros Essential Trainingwith Brien Posey2h 53m Intermediate
Windows 10: Provision and Manage Mobile Deviceswith Brien Posey1h 39m Intermediate
1. Troubleshooting Startup Issues
2. Troubleshooting BitLocker
3. Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Software
4. Troubleshooting Computers Remotely
5. Troubleshooting Network and Remote Connectivity
6. Troubleshooting VPN Connections
7. Troubleshooting Group Policy and MDM Issues
8. Troubleshooting User Sign-On Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.