Explore built-in tools to view and resolve system resource issues.
- [Lecturer] Let's drop onto our demo PC…and take a look at how to kill…an unresponsive or memory leaking app.…The first thing I need to do is start my leaky app.…I'll create a leak of 20,000 kilobytes per second.…Next, I need to launch the Task Manager.…There are several ways to launch Task Manager…and these include…pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del keys all at the same time.…
Another is to right click the Start menu…and select Task Manager.…My favorite is to right click…on an empty portion of the task bar or notification area…and then select Task Manager.…Task Manager launches and we can click More Details.…There are tabs for processes, performance,…app history, start up, users, details and services.…We need to see if there's a specific process or app…that's running very high, such as Memory, Disk or CPU.…
You can sort the list by each of these titles…if that is useful.…Once you've identified the process or app…that is probably causing an issue,…you can decide what to do.…Let me select the Performance tab.…Immediately we can see that something is consuming memory.…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.