Join Andrew Bettany for an in-depth discussion in this video Using System Restore, part of Windows 10: Troubleshooting for IT Support.
- [Lecturer] Let's drop onto our Client PC…and configure System Protection…and then use System Restore.…First let's see how to turn on System Protection.…I'll click Start and type Control Panel…and then choose System and Security…and then System.…On the left hand side I'll choose System Protection.…In the window that opens…we can see if the option has been enabled.…
In the center of the screen…we can see that the Protection Settings are turned off.…I'll select Configure and then Enable System Protection.…I then need to allocate some storage space…for the System Restore points.…We don't need much, maybe 5 gigabytes,…and then click Apply.…We can now create a manual restore point…by clicking the Create option.…We can give the restore point a meaningful name,…such as before we delete a device driver…or configure a system component,…and then click Create.…
The restore point has been created successfully.…I can click Close…and then click OK.…Now that we have a restore point created,…let's use this to roll back our system.…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.