Learn to manage power settings from the command line using the Powercfg tool.
- [Instructor] Over the last few videos,…you've seen that it's possible to manually…adjust the power settings and you've seen that…it's possible to control the power settings…through group policies.…But it's also possible to adjust power settings…at the command line, so that's what I'm going to…show you how to do.…And the way that we're going to do that is…through the command prompt window.…So I'm going to right-click on the Start button,…and I'm going to open an administrative command prompt…by choosing the Command Prompt Admin command.…So here we are at the command prompt,…and the command that we're going to use…to interact with the power settings…is Power Config or Power CFG.…
Now, Power CFG has an overwhelming number of options,…and we're not going to look at all of those,…but I do want to give you a representative sampling…of some of the things that you can do.…So the way that you see which options are available to you…is by typing powercfg and then space slash question mark,…and this will show you all of the various…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to plan deployments in Windows 10—and prepare for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697. Brien Posey shows how to perform a migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, enable and configure Hyper-V, configure mobility options, and work with power plans. Plus, he explains how to encrypt a drive using BitLocker.
Review the learning objectives for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Migrating and configuring user data
- Collecting files and settings from a source computer
- Restoring files to a destination computer
- Configuring Hyper-V
- Creating and managing a virtual switch
- Modifying a virtual machine
- Configuring mobility options
- Working with the Windows Mobility Center
- Configuring security for mobile devices
- Encrypting a drive
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
1. Migrate and Configure User Data
2. Configuring Hyper-V
3. Configure Mobility Options
4. Configure Security for Mobile Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.