Join Martin Guidry for an in-depth discussion in this video Using EFS, part of Windows 10: Security.
- [Voiceover] In this section, we're going to…talk about encrypting individual files…and folders in Windows 10.…Off the Start menu, I'm going to type in encryption…and we'll see one of the options…is Manage file encryption certificates.…We will need to create a certificate…in order to encrypt our files.…The first screen of this wizard…just explains the encryption file system…known as EFS and gives us a preview of what's…going to happen in this wizard.…
I'll click Next.…I would like to create a new certificate…so I'll choose the radio button at the bottom.…I have different options.…The most secure option would be to use…a certificate issued by my domain certification authority.…This would be the most secure option…and would allow the most functionality…allowing me to read my encrypted files over the network,…but just for the purposes of a quick demonstration here,…we'll go with the top item.…A self signed certificate.…
And I'll hit next.…It's asking me if I want to backup the certificate or not.…Typically it is a good idea to back it up,…
In this course, Martin Guidry helps you work through each essential security step. He takes you through familiar ground, standard account setup, covering accounts, passwords, users groups, and permissions. He also takes you through unfamiliar territory, enhanced features and new products, examining BitLocker, Wi-Fi Sense, Windows Defender, and Edge, the new web browser. This course provides instructional step-by-step walkthroughs in addition to best practice discussions. Learn how to protect your computer from a network attack, apply security policies in Group Policy, use remote desktop, and more.
- Setting up passwords, smart cards, and biometrics
- Creating groups and assigning permissions
- Assigning permissions
- Encrypting full discs, file transfers, and networks
- Using anti-virus and anti-malware solutions
- Configuring firewall settings
- Securing remote desktop connections
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 01/31/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: Windows Firewall, basic configuration of Remote Desktop, and controlling updates for Windows 10. In addition, new videos were added that cover Windows 10 S and virus and threat protection, device performance and health, firewall and network protection, and app and browser control with Windows Defender.
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Windows 8: Networking and Securitywith Steve Fullmer4h 27m Advanced
1. Authentication and Accounts
4. Virus and Malware
5. Network Security
6. Group Policy
Overview of Group Policy1m 56s
7. Remote Desktop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.