Join Martin Guidry for an in-depth discussion in this video Using BitLocker, part of Windows 10: Security.
- [Voiceover] In this section, we're going to…talk about using the BitLocker technology…to help secure your data in Windows 10.…The easiest way to get to the BitLocker interface…is just to go to the start menu…and start typing in BitLocker and we'll see…it matches the item, Manage BitLocker.…I'll click on that.…We'll see that I have two drives, C and E.…My C drive is not compatible with BitLocker,…so I should receive an error…when I click on Turn on BitLocker,…and in fact it does say,…"Your device does not use a Trusted Platform Module."…BitLocker is reliant on a technology called TPM…or Trusted Platform Module, and basically what that does,…it stores the encryption key someplace…other than the drive,…so BitLocker is going to encrypt our entire drive,…but if we store the encryption key…on the same drive on which we did the encryption,…that would lower the overall security.…
It's much more secure to store the encryption key…somewhere else, and that technology that allows us…to do that is called Trusted Platform Module.…
In this course, Martin Guidry helps you work through each essential security step. He takes you through familiar ground, standard account setup, covering accounts, passwords, users groups, and permissions. He also takes you through unfamiliar territory, enhanced features and new products, examining BitLocker, Wi-Fi Sense, Windows Defender, and Edge, the new web browser. This course provides instructional step-by-step walkthroughs in addition to best practice discussions. Learn how to protect your computer from a network attack, apply security policies in Group Policy, use remote desktop, and more.
- Setting up passwords, smart cards, and biometrics
- Creating groups and assigning permissions
- Assigning permissions
- Encrypting full discs, file transfers, and networks
- Using anti-virus and anti-malware solutions
- Configuring firewall settings
- Securing remote desktop connections
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 01/31/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: Windows Firewall, basic configuration of Remote Desktop, and controlling updates for Windows 10. In addition, new videos were added that cover Windows 10 S and virus and threat protection, device performance and health, firewall and network protection, and app and browser control with Windows Defender.
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Windows 8: Networking and Securitywith Steve Fullmer4h 27m Advanced
1. Authentication and Accounts
4. Virus and Malware
5. Network Security
6. Group Policy
Overview of Group Policy1m 56s
7. Remote Desktop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.