Windows 10 runs on touch screen computers, which means you can use touch controls to operate windows instead of a mouse and keyboard. This video introduces you to the touch control interface in Windows.
- [Instructor] In this movie, I want to in depth…using touch screen controls on a tablet device…running Windows 10.…So if you're not already there,…let's jump into the tablet mode.…I'm using a Microsoft Surface…so I will just remove the keyboard cover.…Then confirm that I do want to switch to tablet mode…when it asks me.…I'll just tap on "Yes".…Now I'm in tablet mode and I'm looking at…the start screen.…So first, we can launch applications right here…on the start screen.…I can tap on the tile for the Edge web browser…and it launches that application.…
So now I'm in Edge,…but in this application and lots of others as well,…I'm going to need to type in some text.…So on tablet device with no keyboard attached,…what I'll need to do is use the on-screen touch keyboard.…To get that, I'll look down in the task bar…near the very far, bottom right.…There should be an icon for the touch keyboard.…Tap on that and I have the on-screen keyboard.…So now, here in the web browser…I can tap on the address field.…I can type in the website address I want to go to.…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding essential folder structure, including the user folder; using shortcuts to files and folders; and creating 3D objects in Paint 3D.
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.