Learn five techniques for restricting the use of removable USB media.
- View Offline
- [Instructor] Portable USB drives are…a well known security threat,…and many organizations and admins…want to restrict their use.…How often has data been stolen because…someone copied files to an unauthorized USB drive,…and then walked away with it?…Or, how many times maybe have you left a USB drive…in a computer and then forgot all about it,…leaving you exposed to someone getting access…to any sensitive information that…might have been on that drive?…Fortunately, it's pretty easy to disable…or re-enable USB ports.…So, in this tutorial, I'll demonstrate…the first way to do this.…
And that is how to alter registery values for all…your USB mass storage devices, rendering them unusable.…In the next movie, I'll cover the next two methods,…how to disable USB ports using the Device Manager,…and how to uninstall the USB mass storage drivers.…A fourth way is also possible,…and that's using third party software.…I won't demonstrate this method,…but there are a lot of these out there,…and they're pretty straightforward and easy to use.…
- Enabling disk write caching
- Creating spanned and striped volumes
- Configuring Storage Spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Enabling USB drives
- Clearing caches
- Fixing drives
- Troubleshooting OneDrive
- Encrypting files with EFS
- Encrypting volumes and drives with BitLocker
- Configuring share permissions
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Storage
2. Troubleshoot Storage Issues
3. Configure Encryption
4. Configure Share Permissions
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.