Task View can allow you to not only manage your open applications and files easier but also create new desktops! We will cover the Windows 10 new feature of creating and accessing multiple desktops using the Task View as well as cover additional keyboard shortcut keys for easier navigation.
- [Narrator] In this video we're going to learn about…Windows 10's new powerful Task View function.…The Task View function is an organizational tool…that allows you to move easily between programs…and to create virtual desktops to be used simultaneously.…This is useful is you want to separate programs…in Windows into segmented groups…based on projects or categories.…Suppose I would like to separate my internet browsing tools…from my Office programs and would prefer to have my browser…on a different desktop than my applications.…First, let's activate each open program from the taskbar.…
Then, let's click on the Task View button,…located in the low-right of the taskbar.…You will notice that all of my open programs…now appear smaller and are grouped together.…From this view, I can choose to move between…open programs if I like, simply by clicking…on the thumbnail to go to that open window.…For example if I'd like to go to PowerPoint,…I can very easily go to PowerPoint.…I can come back to my Task View,…and very easily go to Word.…
Technology trainer David Casuto explains basic Windows conventions, and explores how to best resize and manage windows, change the way your mouse behaves, and customize the desktop, including the taskbar and Start menu. Need help finding files and applications? Learn how to search more effectively using the File Explorer and Cortana, Microsoft's digital assistant. If you have visual or audio impairments, Window's accessibility features are a great tool. Learn how to use the Ease of Access options (like the Magnifier and closed captioning) to make Windows more user friendly. Last but not least, David shows how to save time with some helpful keyboard shortcuts. Windows is a powerful platform; with these tips, you'll find it even easier to use.
- Personalizing your desktop
- Managing windows
- Changing mouse properties
- Searching for files, folders, and apps
- Using the File Explorer
- Using accessibility features
- Using keyboard shortcuts