Join James Gonzalez for an in-depth discussion in this video Use libraries to manage files and folders, part of Windows 10: Configure, Secure, and Manage Data.
- In this lesson, I review how to use Libraries…for managing your files and folders.…Libraries are easily one of the most misunderstood,…at the same time, most useful features in Windows.…They can help you organize files…and folders very efficiently, can also be used…to find what you're looking for…in virtually seconds, and also sort, tag and edit files…and folders using just a few clicks when using Libraries.…So in this lesson, I'll explain more about…how Libraries work, how to create new ones,…how to add new folders to a library,…how to modify a library's property,…as well as how to delete a library.…
Let me start by describing more about…Windows Libraries and why you really…want to start using them.…You can imagine a library as a…virtual collection of folders, virtual because…it doesn't really exist as an actual folder,…but instead as a reference to one or more folders…on your computers, and the files found inside.…In Windows 10, default Libraries include…two standard folders, the User folder,…specific to each library, and…
Using the tools that come with a standard Windows build, James Gonzalez shows how to configure data storage (on client devices and on OneDrive), secure data with good authentication practices, encrypt data with EFS and BitLocker, and manage data access to shared folders, printers, and hard drives. He also shows how to set up file sharing for an organization using HomeGroup networks and NTFS permissions.
- Configuring Storage Sense
- Creating storage spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Setting up NTFS permissions
- Implementing multifactor authentication
- Encrypting data
- Configuring disk quotas
- Configuring folder options
- Auditing files
- Setting up file sharing
Skill Level Beginner
Windows 10 Fundamentals for IT Proswith Jim Boyce3h 3m Intermediate
1. Configuring Data Storage
2. Securing Data
3. Encrypting Data
4. Managing Data Access
5. Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.