Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Use a keyboard shortcut to lock your screen, part of Windows 10: Tips and Tricks.
- In a previous movie, we discussed the Lock screen…and how we could customize it,…but it's really a nice security feature…if you happen to be working say, in a public area,…and you need to step away from your computer,…and you don't want people accessing it.…Well, to lock your screen,…you can go down to the Windows button,…give it a click,…go up to your own name or credentials up here at the top,…give that a click,…and you'll find Lock on that drop-down menu.…That's a lot of clicks.…There is a keyboard shortcut for that…if you want to quickly lock your screen so you can get up…and step away from your machine.…
It is the Windows key…and the letter L, as in Lock.…Give it a try.…It automatically takes you directly to your Lock screen…and if you've customized it to play a slideshow,…for example, or show a background,…that's exactly what's going to happen here.…Press Escape or Click…and you're prompted for your password,…if you've set one up.…Enter that and you're back in.…So, anytime you need to step away from your computer…
- Describe how to customize your startup environment.
- Explain how to run multiple virtual desktops.
- Recall how to print and save files to PDF.
- Cite the method for cutting and pasting in command prompt.
- Explain what God Mode is.
- Describe how to choose a target folder for File Explorer.
- Summarize how to use the new calculator feature.
- Recall how to edit photos in the Photos app.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Top 10
2. Keyboard Shortcuts
3. Efficiency Tips
4. Display Tips
5. Performance Tips
6. Useful Apps, Tools, and Utilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.