This video goes more in-depth in with the interface in File Explorer, introducing the controls in the ribbon. We also talk about customizing the File Explorer window.
- [Instructor] As we start to do more in File Explorer,…it's important to get familiar with the menus, ribbons,…and other controls you have for configuring the interface…in File Explorer.…Now, here in File Explorer,…I want to go to my exercise files folder…so we have something to work with.…So, I've got that in my downloads folder.…I'll just use the shortcut for my downloads folder.…I'll double-click on the exercise files folder,…and I'll go into this folder called No Obstacles.…You do not have to use the same files that I am.…If you've got other files you want to work with,…that's perfectly fine.…
But, what I really want to focus on is up at the top…of the File Explorer window,…we have some items that look like menus.…File, home, share, and view.…In fact, if we click on file,…this actually is a traditional menu.…Here, you can open a new File Explorer window,…you have another place to access the main folder shortcuts,…and there are a few other controls that are…not necessarily important to what we're talking about.…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding essential folder structure, including the user folder; using shortcuts to files and folders; and creating 3D objects in Paint 3D.
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.