Use the XAML data binding techniques to show the content on the catalog page.
- [Narrator] At this point in the project life cycle,…I have a catalog page that's essentially empty.…The user, when they look at it,…they won't see any movies,…they won't see any thumbnails,…they won't know what movies they can watch.…I'll use data binding to retrieve information…from my model classes and use that…and bind it to elements on the catalog page.…I'll start by looking at the UI in the catalog page.…I have a grid, and a text block.…These elements have been in some of the previous demos.…I'll make a slight change to the text block.…I'll set its foreground to orange,…and I'll change this horizontal alignment.…
Horizontal alignment is aligning the text block…within its container,…and what I'd rather do,…is align the text within the text block.…So I'll use the text alignment property…to do that.…This is new: on line 13 is a grid view,…we haven't seen this before.…This is a class that knows how to show lists of data,…and I'll use this as my binding target.…I pick the grid view, I'll show you why.…Look at this summary.…
- Setting up the development environment
- Installing Visual Studio
- Creating a Dev Center account
- Installing and activating Developer Mode on Xbox One
- Pairing Visual Studio with the Xbox
- Mirroring Xbox One content to a PC
- Exploring a UWP app on a PC, mobile device, and Xbox One
- Creating a basic UWP app
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Set Up the Development Environment
2. Why Build an App for Xbox?
3. Create a Basic UWP App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.